Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Popular Social Media Friends.

It is a new year and so much has been happening to me before now. I have asked myself a lot of questions and I have thought to myself why haven't I updated my blog in months? Why haven't I written on some of the most important things that I found interesting in the past year. Right now I feel I am back and I am more compelled to write as I please and freely throw my opinion on this space.

Paramount on my list of wonders is the new media and it has been manipulated in the past few years as a tool for ego-strapping and self-imposing advertisers.I sincerely agree that people should use the internet to their advantage; to popularize themselves and advertise their work. It is however distasteful when young folks who have reached stardom through their popular projects become agents of political propaganda and manipulative elements simply because they have thousands of friends on Facebook or they are been followed by several hundreds of innocent teenagers.

It is sad that the youth of today do not question ideas thrust to them by these scavengers. Because certain people appear frequently on TV doesn't mean what they say must be believed. The state of Nigeria today doesn't require anyone to motivate you that Nigeria will be great again. We hope so but we do not see any signs that there is even a vision 2050. That a group of artistes campaigned for Jonathan does not mean he is the man for me. Those I am talking about know themselves, the youth leaders of today, the public relation guru's, social media moguls and tough talking experts who have excelled in their fields and have now been identified by the government as the youth leaders.

I respect that but please do not influence people with the force your witty articles like the new or proudly Nigerian campaigns. Please do not distract people that Nigeria is good nation or this country is getting better. It isn't! Remember, the few hundreds you gather at your seminars or the several hundreds that like, follow or comment on your updated status does not represent the millions of young people out there bearing the brunt Nigeria's economic hardship.

Please I beg you, just encourage people to work hard, tell them the truth about corruption and teach them build careers and be better people than their parents were. You have been privileged to be where you are, create opportunities for people rather than use their follower ship to get favors and political appointments. Sincerely I do not believe in the government of Nigeria but I do believe in people. Remember we are watching you and we will remind you of your evil deeds when the revolution comes.

No comments: